Thursday, January 27, 2011

Love Notes

I decided to be creative this year and make homemade Valentine's Day gifts for my son's teachers. So I once again turned to the internet for inspiration and found an incredibly simple craft to make - custom notepads.

Here is the original post from Skip To My Lou that explains in detail how to make the notepads. I decided to put a Valentine's Day spin on them by cutting out hearts in the paper. I used a Cricut machine, but there are punches like this one that can achieve the same look.


I alternated cutting hearts at the top and at the bottom of each page so that the paper design would "bleed" through the hearts.


One thing that I changed from the Skip To My Lou tutorial was to extend the length of the cardboard backing so that a little extra was at the top. I then punched holes in the cardboard and added ribbon to dress up the notepad a bit.


Finally, I glued a magnet on the back of the cardboard so that the notepad could be hung on a refrigerator, filing cabinet, etc...


Not only were the notepads super easy to assemble, they cost next to nothing to make. I might have mentioned that I'm kind of a hoarder, so I used leftover scrapbook paper for the pages. By the way, this is the craft that I was working on that became the inspiration for this post. More Valentine's Day crafts on the way - I just can't stop myself!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com