Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back-to-School Bash

Tomorrow is the first day of school for my little guy, so I thought it would be fun to throw him a back-to-school lunch party...



I love Blumeboxes! This is my homage to those adorable flower boxes - with a crayon box twist.



For the menu board I took a chalkboard and covered it with foam paper styled after an old schoolhouse...



I used cafeteria trays that I found at the dollar store - the kids loved them! I also used a pencil box to hold the plastic utensils - definitely take advantage of those back-to-school sales!



For lunch I thought it would be appropriate to serve my son's favorite sandwich - PB & J. I tried to jazz up the sandwich stand with alphabet stickers...



I dug out my son's old plastic school bus to hold the chips. Thank goodness I found another use for this - it was going to be hard for me to part with my little guy's first bus!



For dessert I made rice crispie treats shaped like crayons. This was super easy - just add food coloring to a basic rice crispie treat recipe and then cut out the crayon shape. I printed the crayola labels from the net and attached them to cling wrap that went around the treats.



What would a back-to-school lunch party be without milk?



Everyone had a great time at lunch - this might have to become an annual event!



9 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love all the themed details. So cute!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

LOL! I adore the blume box homage! Love the stacked books and the school bus display is just ridiculously cute! Your pictures look gorge too. What kind of camera did you shoot with?

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Hey Randi & Kristy - Thanks for the praise...I wish I could take all of the credit for the pics, but the camera does way more than me! I shoot with a Pentax Kx...it's actually my husband's camera and he loves it almost as much as his own children!!

Jane said...

Ok, you are ridiculously clever - I have just followed for you - please check out my blog @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ I think we speak the same language... Jane:)

Amanda said...

Stopping by from CSI project! How clever and cute! Love the crayons :)

Valerie said...

Ooh. I want to start school again so I can throw this party for the teachers!

Anonymous said...

Really cute ideas! Those rice krispie crayons so cute!

Laura said...

Great party! I just love a good party, and I so appreciate the attention to detail here! Really cute!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

These are so cute and clever ideas. Lucky kids!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com