Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Polka-Dot Party

The other day I was surfing the web and discovered a site that is devoted to polka-dot birthday parties...who knew? The website is appropriately entitled: Polka Dot Birthday. I'm a sucker for cute concepts like this, so I was instantly inspired to create other ideas for a polka-dot themed party - in this case a Sweet 16 Party. I searched through the hundreds of scrapbook sheets that I've acquired over the years and found a cool polka-dot pattern that I tried to incorporate into each idea.

Idea #1: Favors - a quick and easy party favor that is sure to please are lollipops. I created the candy label on the computer and glued it to the lollipop. I then put the polka-dot scrapbook paper inside an acrylic box, along with a styrofoam block, and inserted the lollipop sticks into the block.



Idea #2: Invitation - for the invitation I combined a piece of colorful cardstock with the polka-dot scrapbook paper and embellished it with chip board numbers...that's it!




Idea #3: Table Layout - the placemat is actually another scrapbook sheet with circles that were cut out with a round punch. I then cut strips from the polka-dot paper and wrapped them around the napkin and soda bottle...



Here is a close-up of the "polka-dot" placecard...just cut out circles using round punches (these were made from 3/4in and 1in punches), glue them together and attach lollipop sticks on the ends.



Hope these ideas inspire you to go out and polka...dot!

2 comments:

Cute Party Ideas said...

Love the place cards. Glad to connect with you and your wonderful ideas. I found you on Twitter. Cheers, Christine

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Thanks Christine...I can't wait to check out your site too!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com